Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Restaurant Review - The Ramblers Rest, Coulsdon

Restaurant name: The Ramblers Rest

Location: Coulsdon, Surrey

Description: Traditional pub with roaring fire and excellent restaurant area

Reason for visit: I've been here many times with my boyfriend and his family, and we went recently for dinner with my parents and his mum when my folks came to visit. It's not far from where I live, and on this particular occasion there was an England rugby match and I wanted a pub that wouldn't be showing the game!

I ate: Ale battered haddock, frites, minted pea purée & homemade tartare sauce £11.95

My companions ate: Three of us (the ladies) had the fish and chips, while my dad and my boyfriend had the West Country beef burger, £11.95 (other toppings extra).






The food was: The fish and chips was lovely - pretty much what you would expect. I liked that the chips were chunky (rather than fries)and served in little metal buckets. The burgers were pronounced good; the toppings you can choose from include cheese and bacon but also lobster tail! I may have to try that in a burger next time...

The atmosphere/service was: Good, the restaurant was quite busy and we did have to wait a little while but overall I like the atmosphere here, it's a sort of upmarket yet laid back country pub.

Price range/value for money: A little on the pricey end, particularly if you have cheese and bacon in your burger as that comes to £13.45, but the portions are large and the food is good.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I've been here quite a few times and really like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment